Whether you are a Moldovian or Canadian citizen or others, you need the W-2 form if you worked in the US during the year. This document is printed and issued by the employer. The employer is legally required to send a copy to the IRS and one to the employee. It is a document showing the gross salary and the deductions from the salary.
If you no longer live in the US, be sure to receive this document.
Sometimes employees do not receive this document because they no longer work at the company, and the address that is indicated to the employer does not match the current address.
The safest way to receive W-2 is to ask the employer to send you this document by email.
W-2 is important for completing the US statement and for receiving the tax refund.

Laisser un commentaire

Ce site utilise Akismet pour réduire les indésirables. En savoir plus sur comment les données de vos commentaires sont utilisées.